Sunday, April 10, 2016

(troubling) DAN TAKENS (GRCH '84) MENTIONED "Former student sexually assaulted by Byron Center teacher files Title IX lawsuit "

they allege that Dan Takens texted this teacher accused of sexual relations with a student, and that he (Takens, now the superintendent for the district) didn't seem to be taking it very seriously. I knew the Takens family from Millbrook, ...Dan was a pretty good basketball player , and his sister was my age, in my class, and his younger brother, Doug, was only a few years behind. I remember they lived near Indian Trails golf course, and also not far from where we played raquetball and basketball at "raquetball plus" in Kentwood. I remember his younger brother Doug in the one math class I took at Calvin College. He sat behind me and wasn't very nice anymore. I hope and pray this family is growing in Christ individually and collectively. I pray this matter with the school is handled well. 
"
The lawsuit alleges that Superintendent Dan Takens texted Davis after his resignation and said he was "praying for" Davis and his family and wanted to take him out to breakfast when the "dust settles."
School officials are accused of..."

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/07/title_ix.html

Vk