Monday, September 26, 2016

i heard from DAVE DEJONG (class of '85) this summer

he seems to be doing okay...apparently they had a class reunion in 2015 , that would be a 30-year reunion...wonder who showed up, was he the only one? ha ha, but seriously, I wonder how many of the class of '85 still live in grand rapids...is that good or bad? I feel like an "outsider" now , even though I still  have family in grand rapids and still visit there on a regular basis...in fact I was there again this summer...; anyways, prayers for dave dejong and family...his dad was my little league coach by the way , nice guy. his mom was also always pretty nice to me. and his sister..patty.


and I pray for SINCERE LOVE (agape love) from my brothers & sisters in Christ ( I hope they are) from my class of '85 at "Christian High"...let us not fool ourselves into thinking we are all Christians because we went to "Christian High"...some people never made a conscientious commitment of their own to really pursue the path of Christ, I hope they don't fool themselves...becoming a true Christian is a TOUGH PATH...my life has been tortuous in many ways since I really "doubled down" as a Christian and refused to let myself fool myself...; there's so many ways we can fool ourselves to think we are doing our "UTMOST" when we really are not. We ALL can (AND SHOULD) do more..not just being "nicer" to others, but being more evangelical, and trying to fulfill the great commission...


...we ALL MUST become more evangelical...find a way to tell people about Jesus Christ...I do a lot of my evangelism online but also in parking lots under windshield wipers with literature for people to read...because here in the USA 99% of people will not give you 10 seconds of their time in passing...making the USA one of the most difficult mission fields in the world, so we have to find other ways of reaching people again, and again and again...; evangelism makes us GROW..it's our job but also a privilege..I spent an entire summer (2016) on a mission trip across the USA and it helped me GROW IMMENSELY...and become a better person...we don't "earn" our salvation...this is not an attempt to do "good works" to make God love me more...but we must exhibit the fruit of the SPirit...


to my fellow GRCH BROTHERS & SISTERS...many of whom are CRC...I GREW up like you..i know we are not good at being evangelical..it's not part of the reformed character...we're more inhibited..but you got to go against that flow..it's something you have to work yourself out of by doing MORE EVANGELISM...I urge you, implore you, beg you, to become MORE EVANGELICAL...God be with you and bless you...and keep defending unborn life , stop planned parenthood from killing babies...make a stand for unborn babies...they deserve our protection.