Tuesday, March 14, 2023

the always lovely very nice and elegant Kim Kooiker (now Van Soolkenburg or something like that) with me back in the day

the always lovely, very nice, and elegant Kim Kooiker (now Van Soolkenburg or something like that) with me back in the day. I was seriously interested in her and it broke me to leave GR and leave our future prospects, but I dedicated myself to God and to "Go" and be a Christian evangelist. It was one of the most difficult things I had to do, and still to this day sometimes wonder if I did the right thing as it led to many later difficulties and persecution in life, but I continue to dedicate my life to God. I have not renounced the future possibility of marriage, but not until it is clearly according to God's will. That's not to say Kim is not dedicated to God but I knew she would not likely be willing to leave west Michigan and be a missionary wife (although I never actually posed the question).  

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiBaxHCCem0PX_Ip3aykVzPypeM1Bwp7EWjDm-t1KpU92SRbKgPgIWHFG7Rh1wN1CFQ9vsc-3DCWPh9HzQJNRhvygkJ5dJ91iCBbS_ui4XZK6hpAZHLfIZP5cVbhPgebSVUFMBsscRotm4K8sYzZagjcsGrq7vQaiczmhkrg20ZzAT-sgnFoGOvgRFHQQ/s1600/add%20to%20transcript%20blog-30.jpg